When we hear the word REBIRTH being mentioned, we immediately link it to the supernatural thingy right out of an X-file thingy. Rebirth as the word implies, is “one form that ceases to be, taking on another form to be.”
This must not be confused with REINCARNATION, which simply means, “one form that ceases to be, and is being in another form with the same attributes of the previous form.” This can be best explained as such: Person A ceases to be (dies). He then comes back in the form of Person B WITH THE SAME ATTRIBUTES as Person A.
As this post is about Rebirth, let’s take a look at this holistically. Rebirth happens everyday. Every minute. Every second. Here’s the proof:
1) YOUR THOUGHTS: 10 minutes ago you thought of say, having a beer. 8 minutes ago something caught your attention and the thought of having a beer ceased to be. And just a few seconds ago, you saw an advertisement of a cool, inviting mug of beer. The thought of having that cool mug of beer is reborn again.
2) NATURE: After the rain, you can see puddles of water everywhere. 3 hours from now, you won’t see the puddle anymore. It has ceased to be and has taken another form – water vapour. That is rebirth for you. That same water vapour will take to the skies, become part of a rain cloud and maybe, become rain again.
3) ENERGY: Energy by itself has no form, yet it powers a plethora of the appliances present in our daily lives. Our mobile phones are powered by energy. So is the light bulb in your room. Your radio too. And this notebook I am using to type as well. Energy is a formless matter, yet it can assume another form.
4) THE BODY: I didn’t say “our body” because I used the term THE BODY to refer to a general breadth of forms, from insects, human bodies, leaves and anything with a life. Once a body ceases to be, it takes on another form. A dog that has just died and if just left by the roadside will be “food” for parasites, plants, trees and more. It is no longer a dog but a catalyst for other forms of rebirth.
5) FOOD: That $300 grand buffet dinner you just ingested will not be food tomorrow. Just take a look at what you have expelled from your body tomorrow and tell yourself. “hey…. that doesn’t look like the $300 dinner I had last night!”
For rebirth to happen, there must be a DESIRE, A CAUSE and A RESULT (action). A seemingly mild mannered man who is not known to be a murderer can be a killer if his desires are motivated by greed. From a gentle, soft spoken man, he can rob, kill and plunder if he is greedy for riches.
Here’s food for thought: to hear music, you must first WANT to listen to music. To eat, you must first be hungry, or WANT to eat. To be, you must WANT to exist. That WANT is an energy, a motivating force, a magnet that draws you to an action to produce a desired result.
A dying man, at his last breath, has unfinished business. Passing away, his entire “being” is now an energy force. The mind is pure energy. And energy is attracted by another presence, like a magnet. That energy which was once the man, subject to his desires and motivation – can next take the form of another human being. Or a cat. Or a dog. Or an insect.
Actual results may vary, and this depends on your efforts, or Karma. Look at this as the goal you have set next month. Say your sales target for next month is $3 million. You may or may not achieve it, and achieving it is dependent on your efforts, groundwork and tactics.
Yes, rebirth is taking place this very minute. By your reading this humble post of mine, your thoughts can “be” either offended or pleased.